Monday, December 04, 2006

Dinner and Awards!!!

This weekend past was the big GTT at our church, a confrence that I was really looking forward to. We ended up only making it to 2 of the 4 or 5 sessions but we were blessed none the less!!! It has been hard in some respects and I have been kind of down... I am, with the help of God, picking myself up. And it has been great in other ways... here is a story and a wonderful award!
On Friday, as we had already made plans, we dropped the kids with my mom and went to an employee recognition dinner for Adam's work. I was really looking forward to this. Sometimes I don't like these kind of events becasue they are uncomfortable and I don't know anyone but this I looked forward to. As a lot of you who read our blog already know, I used to work at Tim Hortons, I was a supervisor and kind of managed the small store that used to be in the mall. It was not as much responsibility as one of the other stores but I still had to do a lot of extra work and lifting, etc. When I found out I was pregnant with Joshua, Adam was working as a cashier at a local store and was waitering at a restaurant. He wasn't making the big bucks, and neither was I. We were just scaping by so I planned that I would work till the very end of my pregnancy, I planned to take my leave just before Christmas, then I would get my Christmas bonus and the baby would be born the next month. God's plans and ours don't always line up... I was told by the doc that I had to take my leave, for medical reasons in July. I was freaked out!!! We wouldn't have money to live! We prayed that God would provide. As always God came through, and quick! Adam was ay his bro's house a couple nights later and noticed online an add for a job. He knew that it was not anything he had done before, but knowing that God had given him a heart for helping people in need and mercy toward them, he went and applyed. He got the job almost immediately with no previous experience or schooling! They trained him and he has been working full time hours since the start. We felt so totally blessed to have the wages he was making coming in and then with my EI we would be just fine for money. This job was not easy for Adam... it took a lot of humility and he had to do a lot of things that were not what he wanted to do... but he didn't quit, he has been so faithful, knowing that it is what God has called him to! Also, to make things even better, about 2 months after he started there was a union increase that put his wage up quite a bit! I never thought that I would be able to be a stay at home mom, but ALWAYS have dreamed that I would and, of course, God knew and knows the desires of my heart. I never had to go back to work and I don't forsee having to till after all the kids are in school. I thank God for giving me such a faithful man. His heart is truly for his family. This was a very special night to celebrate 5 years at his job. Thanks Adam, you amaze me still with your loyalty and care for your work!

Adam's 5 year certificate, pin and pen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Adam!

It is such a blessing to be able to stay home with the kids isn't it? Somethin I have never regretted even when money was tight...its worth it!!

Andrew Brown said...

AWESOME! I'm very proud of you, Adam!