Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Another Update before bed

Well, my mom came over tonight and helped with vacuuming a lot of the water out of the basement. We took about 2 hours tonight doing that and then another 2 hours about, bringing all the books from the leaning bookshelves upstairs (Anyone who has been in our basement would know, that is a huge chore in itself!). All the books are now in my livingroom as well as everything else off the bookshelves. Even though the water only got up about 4 inches in the deepest parts it did a lot of damage. The carpet is garbage! The lino is pealing up all over and cracked along the edges. It wasn't in great shape before but is now much worse. I had a bag of cat food that was new that is now garbage. The drywall at the bottoms is wrecked, the bookshelves, etc. etc. So I got a letter in the mail tonight from the strata and they say we just need to call and add our claim to the strata claim. I am praying that this means we will get everything fixed, and maybe that we won't have to pay the deductable?!? I have no idea though and I need to do some calling around tomorrow. I will write another update after I find out more. Again I say, God bless and I thank God that when we pray, He answers our prayers... fast! I couldn't believe that after we prayed, I went in the basement and Adam noticed that the water was starting to drain, then I went down about 30 minutes later and the one room was all drained! God is so faithful! I pray we will have some headway on the fixing by Christmas!
Goodnight all... 2:30am, I am ready to stop working and start relaxing.

No comments: