Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Cookies!!!

Okay, I have had a few (to say the least!) requests for my yummy chocolate cookies. OKay, I am going to post it now for all. I feel kind of sad doing this as that means that I will not be the only one with the blessed cookies that everyone loves!!! Oh well, I can handle it.
I was going to post the origional recipe but I have made some changes and it wouldn't be the same as the ones I have perfected :) So I will just post what I regularly make.

Chocolate Fudge cookies!

-Box of Chocolate Fudge cake mix
(origionally they called for German chocolate cake mix but they don't sell that in Walmart so it cost a lot more so I switched to this one, but in actuality you can use any cake mix that say "with pudding in the mix" on the box even if it is not chocolate at all. I just can't really guarantee the taste. I have tried Butter pecan mix with Butterscoth chips and it went over quite well. Chocolate Fudge is my favourite!!! Also the name of the cookies is actually German Chocolate cookies, but I thought it a good reason to change it.)
-1 pack of milk chocolate chips or about 1 cup
-half cup of rolled oats (it works with quick or regular, they call for quick)
-half cup oil
-2 eggs slightly beaten

1. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl
2. Scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet by rounded teaspoon (I use my stoneware pan and truly think that it adds to the yumminess of the cookies)
3. Bake at 350 for up to 10 minutes (Keep checking until the center just stops looking wet, then they will be perfect)

Okay, just to let everyone know, I have tryed it with Devils food chocolate cake mix, I think that it is called, before and I found that it made it much more salty tasting, but the people who ate them still liked them. And I through in whatever, m&m's, butterscotch chips, white chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, whatever and it just changes the flavour of course but still tastes good. I think that that is all... HAPPY BAKING EVERYONE!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horray! When I make them (and I will, as often as possible) I will call them "Char's Chocolate Cookies" to give credit where credit is due. Thanks for sharing, it's very kind of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I will be trying this recipe this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I made some today and they were so good! My first batch was a little hard but I perfected it by the third batch! Thanks for sharing Char! I too will give you credit when I make these cookie! Yumaroni!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Char! The heading in my cookbook is "Char's chocolate cookies..yum!"