Sunday, March 11, 2007

modem, potty and prayer!

Starting with something so unimportant to me except that I have missed checking the blogs. I would really not be upset if this computer was gone, but as I haven't really the option here is the low down. The past week we have realized there is a serious problem with our modem, consiquently I have not been to blog land in days but I thank everyone who commented about Joely and the potty because it was so encouraging to hear you all were thinking of us. So, Chris loaned us a modem last night so we could see if that was the problem and sure enough... that is it! So we will not ever be returning it. HAHAHAHA Just kidding Chris. We will need to have a much needed chat with telus in the next few days and figure out what can be done that will cost us next to nothing. Hopefully something!

So, as the potty goes, 2 days and he was having almost no accidents except #2 which may take a little while. But I can not believe it! Thanks for all the prayers. I am not even worried taking him out in just undies as he tells me every time he needs to go pee. It amazes me. Joshua was so hard to potty train and faught it every step of the way. He was one month younger than Joel. Joel was a breeze! Well, all the glory to God!!!

And lastly, I have something wrong with my shoulder/ neck/ back. Don't know what happened. I did move around the living room a couple days before but have done that many times and never have had a problem. I also put together a bookshelf that was heavy and awkward and lots of arm and back energy went into that but that has never been a problem before either. Could be a pinched nerve or something but it is EXTREMELY painful. Enough that I have nearly passed out a few times. I have had times where I just start sweating and getting dizzy, too. It has been now 5 days. Okay, doesn't sound long but when you need to pick up kids and sweep floors and clean bathrooms and do dishes and etc etc etc. On our way out the door for church this morning, I was in tears. It is just so bad! Got to church and it was kind obvious that there was something wrong. I couldn't move my head much and I could hardly crack a smile. Well, my mom, the faithful woman that she is, said to me, I am getting Thomas (our small group leader and good friend) to pray for you. So she got up and got him. He, of course, came right away. He asked me what was up and I started to tell him and burst into tears as I have been trying to "suck it up" and be tough but it was just so painful! So he prayed, a faith filled prayer for sure, for healing. As he was praying I just felt my neck get warm and started to move my nexk around. I could move it quite well and the pain was a lot less. I already could feel God's touch on me. Unbelievable! In a totally believable kind of way. So, after he prayed he said he will keep praying for me in the next days. Another man in church and good friend, Randy, specifically told me he will be parying for me and of course my mom is praying for me. I feel so blessed that such people of faith are not afraid to step away from comfort and declare the glory of our God in my life and body. So, I can smile easily again and bare with the pain. I am praying in faith that in the next day or 2 I will have no more pain. God is doing a healing work and I am so blessed! So, I see again the faithfulness of God through prayer. Some may say, no biggy as I am still in some pain. Don't even think it! It is a very big deal. And I know that God is willing able to take the rest of the pain away. I just love it when He shows His power through these vessels!

Awesome party at Tamara's and Henny's on the weekend and I can't wait for the baby shower tomorrow. It will be so fun to get out with the girls and celebrate such a beautiful gift from the Lord! God bless you all!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm glad Joel is getting the hang of potty training. Gavin was easy too. It must be them being the babies of the family.
I pray your neck/shoulder starts to feel better. I can't imagine not being able to even smile...yowzers!
Make sure you go to the doctor!!!
Have fun at the baby shower. Give Liv an extra squeeze for me!

Charlene said...

I will for sure Jenny
By the way, I have to clarify that I was able to smile, just couldn't because the pain was so bad that there was nothing in me driving me to smile and I couldn't think of anything but the pain. That sounds depressing but I am back to... a resonabe comfort anyway. Thank you for your prayers. You have been such a blessing of a friend in my life.