Monday, October 30, 2006

My dream for Christmas gifts...

Okay so, here is what I have been dreaming about. When my sister-in-law and her family left town, they gave some of their daughter's things to us. One of these things was a kitchen. It had been an outside toy and was quite "weathered" and was close to 10 years old. I had wanted one for my kids but we couldn't afford one so I brought this kitchen in to the house and cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned. It still doesn't look great and the doors are very hard to open so the kids don't use the oven, dishwasher and fridge much but they LOVE that kitchen. It is in Annabelle's room right now and they use it absolutely every day! I have been looking at the kitchen lately thinking, I would love it if that was an outdoor toy. It wouldn't wreck it, and the kids could make stuff with dirt outside and cook it up. I remember doing that as a kid and loving it. Joshua expecially loves playing chef and is always serving up some kind of meal. As well, all we have for pretend food is some fruit and viggies I got for the kids last year for Christmas and they have no pots and pans. By the way these things wouldn't be for outside. I would give them yogurt dishes and stuff for outside. But for inside... so here are the things that I have been dreaming about. I don't think that we will have the money but I can dream. On a side note, I want to move all the kitchen stuff in the basement so that it seems less like it is Annabelle's and more like it is for all of them as that was the real plan.


Okay, so there is a little metal pots and pans set and mixer, etc. that I wanted too but it is not on Walmart's site. So that is that. I wish I could run out and buy it right now. The kitchen is supposedly on sale for $89.99 from $99.99. Oh well, we will wait and see. Alrighty! Have a great Halloween night. We will be at the hotsprings!!! I can't wait. It is our 3rd year of doing it with the kids on this night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to buy my boys one, but that was always vetoed. You know...Star Wars, LOTR, in this house that's the priority!
In the next few weeks I'm thinking of doing a crafts afternoon at my house for the kids...maybe make a Christmas ornament for their daddy or decorate a cookie. Let me know if you want to do it.

Carin said...

It's good to dream! I and hope that your dreams come true - the kitchen and stuff would be sooo much fun!
christmas is definitely the time for dreams to come true - so you've got my wish too!

Laney said...

Hey Char...
that kitchen set is really cool! I always wanted to buy one for Aja too, but she helps out so much in the kitchen cooking, baking, setting the table, etc. that I am not sure how much she would actually play with a toy kitchen. (maybe I will just have to buy it for myself, LOL) Hope you are able to get it for the kids this christmas!

starla said...

i can remember this one friend me and my sister had when we were little and she had a toy kitchen. She had the big play food set and her mom had filled little jars with dried lentils and different kinds of macaronie and stuff. As soon as we got to her house christy and I would beeline for the kitchen stuff and want to play with it all day! I always wanted one! I want one for my kids too but right now there would be no where to put it. Don't cross off the dream of it... remember Gods provision on your holiday!

Charlene said...

Jenny- I am glad to have one girl as it gives the okay to get stuff like this. I find that the boys use it even more than Annabelle, that is why I want it out of her room. Joshua says he wants to be a chef... cool 'cause that was what his Grumpy (grandpa) was! And he learned how to be a waiter on Blue's Clues and loves that, too! I love it!

Carin- Thanks Girl!

Lorraine- my kids help in the kitchen a lot with me too and I find that it just helps them in playing imaginatively. They actually know what to do when they are playing with kitchen stuff and they treat it better, too. I bet Aja would love one because what does she see mommy doing? And then she can have her own controlled space to do whatever she likes. But yes, I kind of want to get it so I can play with them in it as I never had one and I think that they are the coolest. The reason I would spend the money if I had it is because the one that we have is so run down and almost impossible for them to use, but the use it ALL the time! They just love it! so I know that they will use it if they have a nice new one.

Starla- Yeah, none of my friends had a kitchen set. my mom would let us take the old cereal boxes and milk jugs and stuff for store and house. I would love for my kids not to have to scrounge quite so much. It took so much time and energy trying to make up toys and food to play with that there wasn't much time to play. That is why this is something that I want so bad.I am waiting on God for sure!