Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just a thought

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down will.
You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time.
You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.
You'll fight with your best friend.
You'll blame a new love for things an old one did.
You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.
So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. ~*

I read this from an email. It makes me think about our mortality. I know these things are true. And I thank God that my life will not only consist of the pain and suffering that happens here on earth, that there is much more, an eternity with Christ with no more pain or tears, no more fear and no more suffering. I love what it says at the end, "take too many picture, laugh too much and love like you have never been hurt." May as well, I love it, makes the times that you can't laugh so much easier.
Adam said something today that really made me glad. He has been on night shifts and able to read and be in the Word of God consistantly. I am sure reaping the benefits from this, too. He has more joy than I have seen in all our time together. He is more content with this life and he is so much more confident. What he said was that he has felt like he was asleep for so long and now is finally waking up. Until we get the Word into us, and know our God, we aren't really living.
The bible says in 1Co 13:12:
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

We know God and this is the way we see, I can't imagine living life in a complete haze, not knowing the Savior, the Creater, the Provider, the Friend, and the Lover of our souls. I thank God for ministering to my husband and strengthening him to be all he needs to be.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Char thanks so much for this post! So true!

It is amazing to see how far God has taken you and Adam! You are both an amazing example of Jesus to us!