Tuesday, April 24, 2007

School

Well, I had forgotten to mention, for those who don't know yet, we got Joshua all registered for school! I am so excited that he will go this fall! But, the price is a bit steep, even with the 50% off that they give us for the first year. I dreamed last night for about 3 hours of my decition to take him out and put him in public school. In my dream he was devistated and crying because he wasn't going to school with his friends and he was so scared and he wouldn't learn about God in the other school. It was so hard to see, even in a dream, my little man's heart broken. Anyway, this was only a dream, but the reality is, I guess I am nervous and it is showing up in my dreams, as to how we will find the money to do this, even though we know we have to. So I need to dwell on this


And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Luke 12:22-31

I will not have a doubtful mind. I know that God is the one who wants this for our children and we need to remember that He will make sure we have enough. And we did get a pretty good income tax return, Thank God for that, and we are using some of that to pay about half the tuition in advance. Can you all pray for me when you think of this, for peace of mind and provisions. I would greatly appreciate knowing that others are thinking of us. I find that consciously I know that we will be fine, but subconsciously my silly fears come out in my dreams. They are silly, because it is not a huge number that we have to come up with but I just know that we have to, I don't want to back out.
Just my thoughts for the day. Hope all of your day is blessed by God. Relax, and don't worry!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Praying for you my friend!!

Unknown said...

Hey Girl,
I'm praying for you. My family did it. My parents sent all 4 of us kids to a Christian school. It meant alot of sacrifice of things but God ALWAYS provided what we needed. And I never regret my parents decision for doing it. I may have gone without the nicest clothes but at least I had clothes and a good Godly education that I'm so thankful for.
Sharon :)

Christy said...

God cares about every aspect of our lives, especially our education! He has shown himself faithful to you guys on so many occasions and I know He is going to do it again!

Hard to believe Josh is going to be in Kindergarden already!

Gwen said...

^ ^ ^
I agree!

Don't forget that God wants the best for your kids even more than you do! I know you feel strongly that this is where God wants your kids to go, so be sure that He will enable it. He's an extravagant God who owns the cattle on a thousand hills. Don't worry friend!

Charlene said...

Thank you everyone. It is so good to know that people are supporting us in thought and prayer. I really really appreciate it!