Friday, January 19, 2007

Some catching up on the thoughts of our life

Well, it has been a while since I have really written a post so I will share about life for a moment.
Things are fine around here. I feel the basement is starting to come along. I just can't wait to have the fixing-it-up on the go. I feel so odd with no walls and floor and with having a whole lot of junk just thrown where ever in our house. The hardest part is that because we live in a condo and our neighbor's basement flooded, too, we have the bottom 2 feet of our basements open, just plastic seperating us. The days to follow the flooding I was having a lot of bad dreams, dreaming people were coming in our home while we were sleeping and I kept having to fight them off and I was so scared. So of course I prayed, prayed a lot, now the dreams are gone but I still dislike the feeling of having our safe little home open to our neighbors, although for the record, our neighbors seem like very trustwarthy people and also, people who would not harm pretty much anyone. I guess it is just all about being together in our little boxes of safety, no one coming in unless invited, no one seeing in unless let. Weird how that is. I realize more and more how the security of a home is a real need for people. I wish this would not be so strong as I would love to be more open to new people and even strangers. I guess it is my protective nature as a mother, too, which I believe God gives us for a very good purpose. I won't worry, and really there is nothing to be scared of. I need to tell myself what I tell the kids, "don't be scared, remember that Jesus is right beside you". Sometimes I forget about that. There is no reason to fear.

We celebrated Joshua's fifth birthday. Just 3 boys came and it was so relaxing and fun! I love small parties. I think that 3 is absolutely perfect. What a truly fine blessing that boy is in my life. I can't believe that it won't be long till he starts school. I am really excited as I know that he is more than ready and it will be a great thing to have more time to concentrate on the other two. I absolutely feel that Joshua was a blessing, something that I really needed in my life for my own faith developement and a gift from the heart of the Father to me. I love him so much! I will never forget the feeling I had when I first held that baby in my arms. It was very much a day of beautiful dreams coming true. A mother at last! I will be posting pics of the party soon.

Well, although it seems like foolishness to some, I have been trying to loose a little weight, with some success already which is a huge accomplishment for me. As most people know, before I had my babies I never had to worry about weight at all and I have grown to absolutely LOVE food. I can eat a lot if I want to and if it is good food I see, I really want to. It was a bit of a rude awakening over the past year gaining 10 pounds when I thought that I still had the metabolism of a teenager, so... although I always said I wouldn't, I decided to go on a low calorie diet. Nothing really strict but lowering my calories just a bit so I could loose about 15 pound... low and behold, after just less than 3 weeks, already I have lost 6 pounds! I was shocked to see that it was that quick. I should, I pray, have no problem reaching my goal by my birthday in March! If I don't, no biggy, I just want to eat healthier and a little less. I want to be an example to my kids of self control in this area, not overindulgence, sometimes even to the point of gluttony. I want them to know how to eat healthy and in that I know they will feel better and have more energy for life.

We have had our friend visiting from Alberta, Steve and Lorraine, with their little ones. It has been such a blessing to have the chance to catch up with Lorraine and to see our kids play together was so great. They are leaving this weekend, it will be tough to see them go. Their little girl got the flu last night when they were at my house. I loved just being able to be a help to them and to help to care for their children. What a blessing family and friends are. I, unfortunately, was just enjoying our visit and was not taking pictures so there are none to be seen but, I did enjoy these last few day imensely. Thank you Lorraine for lots of catch up and a friendship that carrys on even through miles of distance and years of absence. I love you guys and your family is absolutely beautiful!

In the last few weeks there have been a few people who are closely related with our church, pass away. We had a funeral, but a joyous one, for one of these people a few days ago. It was a celebration of her life and a "going away party" as she had requested. She was saved and going to see Christ. It was so nice, but I couldn't help but shed some tears in the "preparing to meet her beloved" part of the picture show. She was such a beautiful woman and had such a sweet spirit. I have been a little choked up this last couple days thinking of her but also, of course there is a sense of joy in that she is free and with the Father now. It is kind of helping me really appreciate the plan of what is to come. Lynne gave such a great analogy of a balloon (our earthly body) filled with helium (our spirit). After we pass away, our body lies empty but the spirit is free. She popped the balloon and said, the helium is not gone, it is just free. And it gave me great peace in my heart. I know the facts, and I know that the spirit seperates from the body and goes to be with Christ while the body stays an empty shell but I guess I just never thought of it like, the spirit is actually trapped until the day it is let be free. That really it is the true form that the spirit should be outside the body, not the way we are now, all confind to our flesh and apart, somewhat from God. Lynne, if you are reading this, thank you for that. You are so faithful in your aproach to God and you really helped in the lifting of my heart. You are such a blessing.

As it is getting late and I want to spend some time with God before I hit the hay, I will sign off. I hope everyone is well. Night night and God Bless!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Great post Char.
And...it is not"absolute foolishness" that you want to lose a couple of pounds. Go for your goal...and wait for me at the finish line as it might take me (do ya think??) a little bit longer to reach mine!
Have a great day!

Gwen said...

I was so glad to read your posts! I've been missing your updates!

re: weight loss. I know how you feel, suddenly life just goes WHAM! and it's not so easy to lose those pounds any more! I used to just think, "Jeez, I think I'll lose a couple pounds," and that was that. Now... not so simple.

re: helium. Excellent analogy. Sometimes I'm desperate to get rid of this "balloon" and be free! That's a really comforting thought for people who have lost someone, too.

Really nice post, Char! Thanks.

Charlene said...

I am thinking about you often, Jenny, in your weight loss adventure. I am so excited to hear you say... I am there! I made it! You are a great encouragment to me.

Gwen: It is a nice way to explain the whole thing to kids, too. When Adam's dad passed away it would have been great to use an analogy like that. It was just beautiful to see Lynne, so healthy and strong about it. And it wasn't "put on". She was just really excited for her mom to complete her journey.
Yeah, about the weight loss, sadly, last night after cell and eating like 7 peices of pizza, I gained that 1 pound back. That will take a few days to deal with! But also I found I got really bad indegestion becasue I have been eating so much lighter food lately. Weird! But I guess I should just not relaps like that again! I almost thought that I had caught that flu as my stomach was so sore but it ends up I think it was just too much fatty food!

Tanya said...

Char ..,
Your post was amazing. I know i am older than you but you are such an inspiration to me.,from your friendships to you being a great mom.Stil don't know how do it with three under 5 well gotta go love you

Lynnie Ha said...

thanks, char..... i really needed some encouragement tonight! (((((hugs)))))

Laney said...

hey char, I had even brought my camera too, and I completely forgot to take pictures the whole trip :-( it was definately nice to be able visit with you and your family though...