Friday, January 19, 2007

Shopgirl and Last Holiday...

My movie reviews for the night...


Adam was working tonight so I thought that I would rent a couple movies, first of which I watched tonight, Shopgirl. Okay, so I was looking for kind of a romantic comedy because hey, that is a good kind to watch when Adam doesn't have to suffer through it. I had no idea what this was about and thought that it looked like that kind of movie from the front. If you ever have been told, 'don't judge a book by it's cover' in this case, a DVD, This is the prime example! I thought that there would be some laughs, lightheartedness, love and romance, etc. I was not impressed though. It was quite serious, sad almost depressing in parts. It was not funny, not romantic besides about 2 minutes in the whole movie and left me feeling a little distrot. Just a thought for you all, if you are going through the video store and see this and think that it may be good, try it if you like but it is pretty longish and be prepared not to have great feelings afterward. Also, I did not look at the ratings, it was rated R and so there is a bit of explicitness I could have lived without. Anyway, there are my feelings on that!


On another note, Adam and I watched this movie a few weeks ago, Last Holiday. It would have been such a great movie to re-watch tonight instead of wasting money on the first one mentioned. If you are looking for a wholesome, warmhearted, movie with a little romance thrown in, this is the one!!! We both really enjoyed it. It is rated PG 13 but I remember nothing that would have really merrited giving it a 13 in the rating. It was funny, and a bit of a different romantic comedy. If you are looking to find a movie of this kind... this is the one.

Hope you all are having a great night and GOD BLESS!!!

No comments: