Monday, January 08, 2007

Breaking through the bordom of our blog!

I know I have not posted much lately. It is mainly because there has been so much going on in our lives that I can't find time or energy to even sit at the computer for more than a few seconds at a time. Here are some pics from quite some time ago. Before Christmas my good friend, Jenny and I got together at my place to make some candy cane cookies. Although these look good and tasted good, I discovered afterward that I didn't put the right amount of flour in the dough, like I halfed it!!! I am surprised they even turned out at all. It was enjoyable and the kids loved eating them especially. I will update with Christmas pics soon. As soon as Joshua's birthday is done, party tomorrow!
I can't believe my first little one is 5! What a blessing and a half that kid is to me! He is my little faith builder, he always trusts in God, and he loves to share about it. He is also the one who takes care of me when I am sick, he tickles my back any time I want, snuggles, loves me no matter what happens, loves to play games, always makes me laugh. He is just a great kid and I am so blessed to be his mom, so blessed God let him be mine to care for. He blesses me every single day. Just his smile alone brightens my day. I love that little dude!
Joel, Gavin, Joshua and Annabelle during the cookie excitement.
Joel, just playing with dough
Cookies that the kids made. I sent this batch with Jenny and then I made the rest because of the dough problem it was very hard to make them
And here are the rest! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

lovinit said...

I remember making those candy cane cookies when i was younger!

Anonymous said...

Eventhough they didn't have the correct amount of flour, they sure were tasty!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I totally love those cookies! The kids look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they are so yummy! Normally we would make the cookies and have them over hot chocolate and the candy maker story. I think it is my favourite tradition. After messing up the dough, it took so long to make them and the kids hardly got to help because they were so difficult so I decided to make them again another night. Then the flood thing happened and the Christmas fun ended. So, there is always next year right? And Jenny, they are even better when they are soft, not so crispy, you are in for a treat next year!