Tuesday, January 02, 2007

It's been a while!

Okay, this is going to be a little short for now as I have not had time to think today, let alone blog!
Starla and Jenny, thanks for wondering! The basement is coming along, slowly but surely. There is much to do and I am a little overwhelmed to say the least! I am making unending lists and can't remember anything it seems. About a week ago the people from Hydra Mist came and dryed the floor where the carpet was and then ripped out the carpet, what a relief! Then today they came and took all the bottoms of the walls and the linolium. weird to be able to look into my neighbors house! They flooded too, so their walls are also gone. It stinks down there and looks really rough! Tomorrow Webbs iss coming to check out our washer, dryer and deep freeze. I have a sinking feeling they are going to say we have to keep the washer and dryer, I am praying that they will say they are too rusted or damaged! Please God! I have wanted new ones for so long. We will see. So, that is where the basement stands. If you pray, please pray it will be a quicker process from here on out. I can't wait to have more space to live and a bedroom that is not piled to the ceiling with stuff! Also it would be nice to just know exactly what is going to be cover by insurance and prices and stuff as we have no money and a lot of stuff to be done!

Anyway, there are lots of pictures, just not on the computer yet. I am so worn out! Christmas morning was great! I mean, exactly what I could have hoped for! My mom slept over. I got up around 6:30 and made the coffee and got breakfast ready to cook. I turned on the christmas lights and music. By that time Adam was up and on the computer. I told him I was going to wake everyone. So,I guess it was around 7:30 I went and woke the kiddos. The gift opening was awesome. The kids were so blessed and so were we. I loved it. So relaxing and so many smiles. The kids were so greatful and they enjoyed every minute of it. Even though, the kitchen set that I loved and wanted so badly for the kids, was bought, then in the flood and was shipped off. There were no more at walmart so, no kitchen for the kids. They didn't even know the difference though. They don't know that even their old kitchen is gone. It was so awesome to have my mom spend Christmas with us. It was really my first time that anyone has ever done that. I hope it is a trend that will stick! I feel so blessed to have my family and so many friends with me during the holidays!

Adam had to work New Years Eve night. I invited my mom and Uncle Lloyd and Grandpa over. It was great! Snacks, games and all the kids made it till midnight and were still happy! My Uncle and Grandpa only stayed till about 10:30 but my mom and me and the kids brought in the new year together with newyears crackers and glowsticks! Pics to come. There is also Christmas dinner at our house and an absolutely awesome fondue party at mom's that I need to write about but I have to get the kids fed and to bed. Hope everyone is enjoying 2007 so far!

3 comments:

Andrew Brown said...

You're back on-line! Praise God!
Many blessings throughout 2007! Much love!!!

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks a bundle for caring! It sure is a treat to have you back around too! Love you!