Friday, November 03, 2006

THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE

I just finished Rick Warren's, "The Purpose Driven Life". I love reading the basics. I think a Christian can never review them too much. I liked the simplicity of the Points to Ponder throughout the 40 days so here there are for you to enjoy and/or ponder. The only think I didn't like, like my brother Andrew, was the Covenant at the start of the book.
WHAT ON EARTH AM I HERE FOR
1. I'm not about me.
2. I am not an accident.
3. Living on purpose is the path to peace.
4. There is more to life than just here and now.
5. Life is a test and a trust.
6. This world is not my home.
7. It's all for him.
PURPOSE #1- YOU WERE PLANNED FOR GOD'S PLEASURE
8. I was planned for God's pleasure.
9. God smiles when I trust him.
10. The heart of worship is surrender.
11. God wants to be my best friend.
12. I'm as close to God as I choose to be.
13. God wants all of me.
14. God is real, no matter how I feel.
PURPOSE #2- YOU WERE FORMED FOR GOD'S FAMILY
15. I was born for God's family.
16. Life is all about love.
17. I am called to belong, not just believe.
18. I need others in my life.
19. Community requires commitment.
20. Relationships are always worth restoring.
21. It is my responsibility to protect the unity of my church.
PURPOSE #3- YOU WERE CREATED TO BECOME LIKE CHRIST
22. I was created to become like Christ.
23. It is never too late to start growing.
24. The truth transforms me.
25. There is a purpose behind every problem.
26. Every temptation is an opportunity to do good.
27. There is always a way out.
28. There are no shortcuts to maturity.
PURPOSE #4- YOU WERE SHAPED FOR SERVING GOD
29. Service is not optional.
30. I was shaped for serving God.
31. Nobody else can be me.
32. God deserves my best.
33. I serve God by serving others.
34. To be a servant I must think like a servant.
35. God works best when I admit my weakness.
PURPOSE #5- YOU WERE MADE FOR A MISSION
36. I was made for a mission.
37. God wants to say something to the world through me.
38. The Great Commission is my commission.
39. Blessed are the balanced.
40. Living with purpose is the only way to really live.

3 comments:

Andrew Brown said...

It was really great to see them listed out like that. Thanks, Adam! I was really blessed to think them over once again.

Tanya said...

Hey there,I'm just about to start reaading that book.I also have the journey.Thank-you for your input on it

Tanya said...

okay i can not type i spelt reading wrong and i meant i have the journal.