Monday, July 17, 2006

Waterpark... tons of fun!

Bernadette trying to get Alex used to the water at the water park. It was so warm but there was a thunder storm this night and a huge rainbow. We left before the storm got going much.
Joel discovered how to use the "key" to get the water to turn on. When no one plays for a while it turns off and any one can put their hand on this and the water turns on. Kinda neat. Joel went over and did this about every 2 minutes. Cutie!

Joel waiting for the spout to spray up. He would stomp and stomp on the water.

Bernadette and Eric, just before bed the last night we were there. I said my goodnights and went back to mom's house for the night.

Left bright and early in the morning, 6:20am. It was a great visit and I loved to be able to celebrate the boys birthdays with Rod and Bernadette. What a blessing to see all the kids playing together. So, I headed home and there was a lot of road construction. The kids slept till about 10:30 and we were really close to Prince George by then so we had lunch around PG. It was sooo hot! About 33 degrees and I was worried about the kids getting hot so when we left PG I just kept handing them drinks and we drove and drove. I had borrowed a DVD player from a friend which came in really handy for this part of the trip. But, after the movie, Joel fell asleep and slept till just after Smithers. When he woke up he threw up so much I could hardly believe it. We stopped at a near by lake and I cleaned him off and let the kids go for a dip. I left them in their wet clothes for the rest of the drive home and then I took Joel to the hospital when I got home because he had a bad fever. The doc said the even though he had drinks and was not in the direct sun, because of his size, he couldn't tolerate the heat and got mild heat stroke and to keep him hydrated. I felt so bad but he was better by the next evening. God is good. He kept us safe for the drive, the trip and healed Joel's body quickly. I loved to have the chance to go. Adam's brother Mark let Adam borrow his car for the whole week for work. That was a HUGE blessing too. Without a vehicle for work, I wouldn't have been able to go at all. THanks Bernadette, Rod, and Mom for a great holiday, lots of fun, and even tolerating a little craziness from the kids. haha. And thanks Mark and Jen for trusting Adam with the car! Adam sure got in some good fishing time! Successful holidays are always something to thank God for!

2 comments:

starla said...

sounds like you had a great time! So glad for you! i gather your van doesn't have AC hey? that would be hard, good idea keep them in their wet clothes! Call me one day if you just want to go to the park or something.

Charlene said...

Somehow I missed this comment until now. Yeah no Air conditioning but I had all the windows open. It was just too much for the little guy. Even with the air blowing in it was WAY too hot. I will give you a call soon.