Saturday, July 29, 2006

A fishing trip to Herman's Hole a couple months ago

Some people know about Annabelle's "angry eyebrows" as we call them. She tries so hard to be angry and show it, but it turns out to be this look, and I can't help but laugh at her. What a goof!!!
Don't know what was up in the pic but it was so cute that I thought that I better post it. "Strike a pose" little man!!!
Joel's muscles... huge hey? hahaha The kids all do this and grit their teeth and shake. It is so funny. It all started with Joshua teething and we thought that he was showing his muscles. Then all of a sudden his gums started bleeding and I realized that he was in so much discomfort waiting for his top teeth to come through so he clenched his jaw so hard that his bottom teeth broke into the top gums to let the teeth through. We had been calling it his muscles though and then after that he just kept it up when we would say "let's see your muscles". He taught the other two how to do it too.
My big sucker fish. Adam was proud of me even though the water was littered with them. He loves to see me catch fish.
This is my favourite thing about fishing, watching Adam help the kids. It is a great thing. I love when dads have something to always bond with their kids through. Adam really works at building a special relationship with them and I think that it will also build a life long friendship. Thank God it is so easy for dads to impress their kids. I love it.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yeah I'm always in awe of Scott who has such a budding friendship with his boys. When they go fishing together they all light up with excitement. I'm proud of my husband and the relationship he has with his boys and how his family is number 1!!!

Jenny said...

Adam will you explain to me where's Herman hole? Scott keeps asking me to ask you?

Adam said...

No problem. Go down Queensway Drive. It turns into Beam Station Rd. (On a side note when the metal airport fence ends this is the entrance to Thunderbird. Also good fishing spot) Go past Kennels, all a straight stretch. The road gets very windey. Keep driving about 5 minutes. The only time there is a turn on the right hand side which forks into two is the entrance to Herman's Hole. You take the left fork and go straight until you can't go anymore. It is about a 10 minute walk after parking. I'll be happy to show him after next week when springs are done.