Sunday, July 30, 2006

Tonsilitis!

Don't know if that is spelt right. Oh well. Tonight I took Joshua in to the hospital with a fever... again. He has tonsilitis. It looks so grose in his throat. This is his second time in 1 and a half months. I am a little concerned that it may end up meaning he will have to get his tonsils out. I can't stand the idea of surgery. Maybe those of you who pray, please lift him up in prayer when you think of it this week. I would love to see complete healing and no reoccurance... but I trust God, His will be done. I know that it is sometimes easier to have these kind of surgeries done at this age rather than when he is a teenager or adult. Just makes me nervous. Other than that, the family is great and the doc says that Joshua is not really contageous because he doesn't have a cough. So off to church we go tomorrow. It is 2:35am so I should go so I can wake up for church. Thank you for your faithful prayers. They are much appreciated.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Char! I would encourage you to look into what tonsils actually are before you get them removed. They are like a catch all (like the mucus in our noses) for us when we are babies and we put everything in our mouth. They are supposed to just atrophede and dissapear as we grow, but because we have so many harmful chemicals and stuff in our bodies from the foods we eat they don't do that anymore. It's actually really neat, I think.

Jenny said...

My sister in law told me something like that as well. She said lots of sugar and yeast in a diet actually causes problems with tonsils and recommends modifying a diet before removing the tonsils.

Charlene said...

Yeah, I am not a big fan of the idea of getting tonsils out and would only do it if the doc said he really needed it. I know that Gid gives us all our body part for some reason. Just like the analagy of the body in the bible. We are not supposed to just cut a peice off. haha. Anyway, he is on a good diet, we rarely eat sugar and we don't have much yeast in our diet either so I don't think that that would be it. He has always had infections and such more than the other two kids and I was only saying that I wouldn't want him having to suffer for his life with pain and infections if the doc said he should just get them out. Most people live well without them anyway with little or no problems coming of it. I am really a fan of leaving the body in natural state as much as possible but... if need be I will have his taken out. They told me that if they get it 6 times in a year they recommend to take them out. I could imagine why!!! So, no worries, he has only had it 2 times. I would never jump the gun. Thanks for your thoughts on it guys. I really appreciate your care. He is on his penicillin for 1 week and then i will bring him in for a follow up appointment to make sure it is gone. I will fill everyone in on the outsome.