Friday, July 21, 2006

Millenium trail and good friends!

Well, I better post these before the day is a long ways off in my memory. It was on Saturday last week. Adam got off work and wanted a nap so I called my good friend Henny to see if she was up to going for a walk with the kids. I really wanted to let them try out their new roller skates. She said she would love to and then called Christy to see if she wanted to bring Tristan. We went to the Millenium trail and the kids skated for about 20 minutes and then we let them walk the rest of the time. It was really fun and Joshua actually did very well on his skates. He would get tired though and run on the grass. Annabelle said that they are too slippery but she did well trying. I love how they look in their 'get-ups'. Thank God for great friends and fun times, even when the kids are testing. I loved the time out. It is like therapy for me just to get together with girlfriends.
He is a great little skater. I am hoping to put him in ice skating the winter so maybe this will give him the confidence he needs.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Looks like a great time. I'm thinking of putting Rowyn into skating lessons this fall too. He wants to play hockey so bad, but I think learning how to skate first would be a great benefit to playing hockey...don't ya think?

Anyways...I'm glad that you have friends that you can just call up at a moments notice and who will help you out with the kids when their wearing on your last nerve. It is such a blessing, thats for sure.

Jenny said...

What size feet is Joshua?? We have lots of ice skates around. My boys really benefitted from the skating lessons. I'll put Gavin in sometime soon as well.

Tanya said...

Hope your fishing date was a success. Well of course it was, you already snagged eachother!! hee hee

Really though I hope you had a fun afternoon just the two of you...take care.