Monday, September 10, 2007

FISHY TALE!!! VERY STRANGE BUT VERY TRUE!!


So I catch the 8 pound Coho and a few casts later I'm into this 12 pound Coho. The thing is wild and trashes about wildly. I was sure I was going to lose it so I went to drag it up the bank (forgetting I only had 12 pound line on, I usually run tougher line) and the line snapped. I shot up a Nehemiah prayer and prayed ohh Lord please don't let me lose this fish. The fish just sat there hugged up, still in the water, touching the bank. I jumped in the water and went to scoop the fish on the shore. The fish hit the top of the bank and started to slide back in. I managed to grab the fish in a bear hug. It was an absolutely unbelievable moment. This fish's one eye is staring right into mine, me on all four at the bank's edge taking a little water into my waders. I grabbed a rock while maintaining bear hug and killed the fish, very ackward I might add!!! The funny thing is if you look at the pictures you'll see when I have my 8 pounder my chest is clean but note the scales on my chest when the picture of the 12 pounder is taken. I love this picture with the line curled up to show you how the fish snapped my line. God truly is my Jehovah Jireh!!

No comments: