Monday, October 22, 2007

Reading

Well, as it goes in private school, I am again surprised at the amount of one-on-one time going on. I am so glad for it! Joshua is a bit ahead and has finished all his letters and sounds and so the assistant sent home some words for Joshua to look at. She will quiz him on the tomorrow and then find the first 5 he has trouble with and they will be like a spelling list. I was so excited to get to do a little "homework" with him over the weekend. So, here is something that would be great... can you all look at these words and tell me some easy or hard sentences I can use for Joshua's reading practise. We went over these words and he can read, easily about half of them and another quarter he can get after a little sounding out time. The other ones are still pretty tough but I am just so excited, he is reading a little already! He is so much better at it now than he was last year.

a
and
away
big
blue
can
come
down
find
for
funny
go
help
here
I
in
is
it
jump
little
look
make
me
my
not
one
play
red
run
said
see
the
three
to
two
up
we
where
yellow
you


So, he has the most trouble with... my, look, is, blue, come, one, and the.

The rest are pretty straight forward for him, and some he has just memorized from our reading time.

Hope all are having a great night, I had a bit of a day to say the least! But tomorrow I get the privilege of visiting a great friend... so, God bless you all!

2 comments:

Jen Wilson said...

Way to go Joshua! I was in the class the other day when the aide told Miss Vroon that he was ready for a list of words - she was quite impressed. The one on one time is great, hey?

Laura said...

Hey Charlene, just popping over to say it was nice to meet you today! Thanks for coming out!!

Laura