Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spring Cleaning

Well, for my first time in my life I decided I better spring clean. So I started, and what a job it is. I will not be able to finsih soon as I have a surgery on Monday and then will need to rest a couple days but I thought, if I don't start now I probably wouldn't ever start. I can't believe how many little hand prints and finger prints I need to wash off my walls. Although it is needing cleaning, I find myself not wanting to wach them off. I was thinking about this little poem that I heard at Building Healthier Babies program when I was pregnant with my little ones. It was so cute and we did the kids hand prints on cards. It always makes me smile.

FINGERPRINTS.

Sometimes you get discouraged,
because I am so small
And leave my little fingerprints
On furniture and walls.
But everyday I'm growing
And soon will be so tall
That all these little fingerprints
Will be difficult to recall.
So here's a little handprint
That you can put away
So you will know how my fingers looked
On this special day.

~Author Unknown~


Then I was looking at my wall and remembered a card I was given with this poem and it was so beautiful that I had to share it. I love the kids little hands. How beautiful!

Hands


Thank you Lord for dirty hands,
That touch my stove and fridge;
For sticky little fingers that
try to build a bridge.

For careless hands that go astray
in search of something new:
For hands to hold and show the way
As mothers often do.

For precious little hands in which
Great faith so abounds
For silly little hands that reach
To touch a mothers frown.

And thank You for Your guiding hand
That leads me to the light:
That lifts me when I stumble
And points me to the right.

As little hands reach out to me
To show them what to do,
I'm steadied, reassured and loved
As I reach up to You.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

The fingerprints poem I have written out with the boys handprints framed. It's so true! We went to PG on Thurs. and when we drove by the frozen waterfalls I thought of your family.

Christy said...

Aww awsome! Love these! Thanks Char!