Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Day, spreading a little love around!

As I said in my last post, we usually don't get too head up about Valentines Day. But our cell group had planned a much anticipated chocolate fondue for the occasion as no one had special plans for the night. Due to a hardship in one of the families in our cell, we postponed the fondue till some later date, unknown at this time. So, I had chocolate and thought, why don't I just go ahead and have a little fondue for the family. So, I invited my mom and Henny, but Hen had cell. My mom came over after school and we had supper. Adam's scumptious dolly varden that he caught about a month ago and I had frozen to have... well, tonight I guess. So, that and wild rice, peas, salad and then for dessert... YUMMY chocolate fondue. My mom had brought home these beautiful tulips for me and they just made it look so beautiful. So here are a few pictures of the occasion. Enjoy!
The table all ready for the eating pleasure! My mom bought a really good fondue cookbook for us to share and it is quickly becoming our "thing". I love it and it is absolutely wonderful for fellowship as it takes time and you sit around and gab the whole time. It was such a great time!
Joshua and Nana. Joshua always wants on Nana's lap for meal time. It is the covented seat of the house. I don't know how the kids function at all without her around. My mom is such a blessing to my children and me.
Annabelle says that this is her fondue dress, it sure shows the signs of chocolate all over it after this fun-do as Nana and her were calling it.
Joshua preparing to dip!
Joel looks upset but just after this picture her broke into laughter. He was such a mess, but a happy mess anyway. And there concludes a small amount of the pics of the blessed fondue! Success!


Adam has been wanting an ipod for months now. He was saving for it and then bought me the cross necklace for our anniversary with his savings. After that the saving was going much more slowly because of not so much $ coming in. We received a nice blessing from someone very special (thank you so much!) and we agreed that along with spending some of it on our night out... bowling and movie... we would order him the ipod. He put his portion he had saved toward it also and we ordered it from the apple store online. It was on sale for Valentines day and the shipping, gift wrapping and engraving was free! So... February 13th it arrived in the mail. Although I have been frustrated to no end at the amount of time that has been invested in the thing over the last couple days, I have come to the realization tonight that it is only the second day, and the novelty will lessen as the days go by. Sorry baby for being so frustrated. I love you! And I am so glad Adam appreciates everything he gets. So, he took many pics of the package that arrived when he was in a dead sleep. He was up in seconds and down stairs to open and observe. I think it is absolutely everything he hoped for! Now he will jog comfortably with non stop music!
The cute gift wrapping and personalized card that I had sent blank as he was listening to me order the thing anyway. Would havebeen silly telling the lady on the phone some love note with him sitting right there!
Inside the gift wrap... Johnny Depp, how wonderful! haha
Then the ipod... hard to believe this thing holds 30 gigs of stuff!
And daddy training his boys in the ways of a man!
Tonight, in between supper and fondue, Adam had to run to Walmart where he picked up the skin for the ipod to protect it. Now he is totally happy. And in the midst of his ipod excitement, he didn't forget the woman of his dreams and he came home with a sweet card and a tiger stuffed toy. The kids loved it! And of course I love it, too! So over all, for people who don't care much for the "holiday" we sure did go all out! hahaha
I hope you all had a wonderful day and that you were blessed with LOVE!!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Great post Char! That fondue sure looks good! Congrats on the Ipod Adam!

Jenny said...

It looks like you had an awesome night!!
Have fun tomorrow night!!

starla said...

mmmm, fondu....can you believe i've only experienced fondue once! So glad adam got his toy (i'm only a little jealous) he deserves it!

Charlene said...

Beran, I had put a pic of the neclace on a previous post. You should check out our blog more... hahaha and seriously update yours. I was so excited to see there is something started.
Star, I am a lover of fondue. And chocolate fondue is pretty easy, doesn't take a whole lot of prep time and the kids LOVE it. You should try it some time!
It was such a lovely night!