Thursday, August 17, 2006

Yay Carmen!!!

Well, 2 weeks ago our very good friend Carmen got baptised. Her and Adam have been friends, just friends, for a long time... since before we ever met. We really love her and her family (Dave, her hubby and her beautiful girl Meg).
This day was very exciting, well it always is exciting for the one doing it but I think Adam was as excited. He has wanted Carmen to make this step for a long while. She has been a Christian for, I think 13 year and was just waiting for the right time to get baptised.
Adam's baptism was the thing that I believe changed his life. It is just saying to everyone that this is the moment that you want everyone to know that you are a child of God and that you will never turn from him. It is an outward expression of the inward heart change that takes place when a person accepts Christ into their heart. Adam was baptised at the beginning of our relationship and he has never been the same. A lot of people think that I was the one who was the cause of his change for the better but I happen to know that ONLY God can do what happened in Adam's life. I only helped him make the decition to get baptised. I give God all the glory for the wonderful man that my hubby is!
So, back to Carmen, Adam wanted her to be able to experience such a great feeling and life changing experience too. There were many others who were baptised on the same day and it was a very God centered time. After Carmen came out of the water she said, "I actually feel different! I shouldn't have waited so long!" We know that you waited for God's timing and I pray that you are blessed for making this step in your christian walk. It was an added bonus to see Rena, Carmen's sister baptised, too and awesome that their brother, Art, pastor of the church in Kitmat, was able to baptise them both. I could tell that it really blessed his heart! We love you guys! Posted by Picasa

No comments: