Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Denist... NO CAVITIES!!!!

OKay, This is Brendan, the boy I have been babysitting. He was great while I was in and out of the dentist rooms with the kids. It was kind of strange this time as the kids are used to a woman coming to get them and then the dentist coming in. I guess they have a new dentist who does both jobs, hygenist and dentist. I was a little confused! haha Any way, Joshua went in first, took a little time to warm up to the man but was fine after and did great. I was really proud of how both the kids acted but the main thing I felt was that I was so greatful for the opportunity to go to the dentist. When Adam and I started having children it was one of my main concerns. I wanted to be able take my kids for regular check ups and not have to worry. It didn't seem as if it would be possible. I was amazed at God's provision in our lives, (as I always am) when Adam got a regular full time possition at work which intitled us to benefits. Sometimes I feel like we are poor and don't have enough but that is so untrue and definately the enemy trying to make me doubt God's goodness. We never are in real lack and always have our needs taken care of. I really felt overwhelmed by God's goodness today. This is the kids 3rd dentist appointment and everytime, no cavities and the kids behave great. They LOVE the dentist. God is good!!!
Joel was making Joshua and Annabelle jelouse with his banana as they couldn't eat.

Polishing teeth

I missed Joshua's floride treatment because the dentist was so fast. What a wonderful boy

Proudly showing off his pearly whites... NO CAVITIES. And they put their name in a draw for something too when they have no cavities so that was exciting for them.

3 comments:

starla said...

thats great that their cavaty freee! I really need to take Gabe but i'm afraid...we have no dental...i should just do it anyway as i have really bad teeth and i don't want him to have tooth struggles like i do!

Charlene said...

Yeah, I know the feeling. We have had insurance for a year but it is pretty costly if a person doesn't. Maybe before getting used to getting the extra money from the government you could take him in. First appointment is usually pretty inexpensive I think. They don't do much. Mostly show them all the cool stuff around the office and give them a ride in the chair. If the kid is willing to open their mouth then they count their teeth. My kids didn't let them the first time,too nervous, but Joshua was really shy then and Annabelle was only 2. We took her on her birthday. Then they get a new tooth brush and a little toy. You can always call around, make sure they know it would be his first time and see what they say it will cost. It is such a blessing to be able to make sure the kids are taken care of. I love it!

Jenny said...

If you don't have dental there is a dentist clinic that comes a couple of times a year for low income families. They are supposed to be awesome.