Saturday, August 05, 2006

Riverboat days 2006!!!

Well, what a jam packed, fun filled day! It is riverboat days here in town and boy oh boy does that ever bring back fun memories. Camping, parades, fireworks, but my most favourite memory was the one year that they handed out moose hats and my sister, my best friend Jen, and I started a great childhood club called Moose Troop which would consume our days and all out imagination for years after. I love riverboat days. Well, it is not great that Adam had to work but we made the best of what we had anyway.
Henny, my very good friend who has become more like a sister to me over the years, came to my house at around 10am. We planned to go to the pancake breaky at the Happy Gang Center! YUM!!! So, we packed up the kids and walked down there. It was a nice little walk and we went in to pay and get our food. They turned our business away as they had run out of food!!! So we thought we should get foos anyway as none of us had had any breakfast yet, so off we went to the Artful Cup, a great little coffee shop right on the main drag of town and coincidently in the prime location to watch the parade, smack dab in the middle of it all. So we went in and got muffins, cinnamon buns, water and coffee and went to sit on the curb. Everything started just after and went awesome. It was a nice parade and the kids got lots of candy. Afterward the plan was to go to the motocross and watch. Very cool!!! On our way there we ran into some old friends, Bekki and Cavelle and Bek's son Isaiah. Bek is getting married and came with her fiance. Great to meet him. On a side note, Joshua and Isaiah used to be best friends but now don't remember each other, how sad! Anyway, great to see them, the motocross went awesome, then we went to McDonalds for lunch, saw a bit more of the motor bikes and headed home. Brendan got picked up shortly after, my Grandpa and Uncle came for coffee, Henny headed home to bed, and then we packed up all the kids to go to the fireworks.
I love the fireworks, why you may ask??? Because at the fireworks for Riverboat days 7 years ago, I fell in love with my awesome hubby. I realized that he was the man of my dreams and I knew that God had brought us together to spend the rest of our lives together. It was our very first date! So I love to take our children there as they are the outcome of all the falling in love.
It was a great day, fun as can be! Thank God for great friends and all the joy he fills our days and hearts with! Hoping that all your long weekends are going great!


Annabelle waiting at the coffee shop for our coffees. She was being so patient!

I just love this pic. I think it looks like it belongs in a magazine of some sort. hehe. The kids were great and even stayed seated most of the parade so other people could see.

Just another good shot

Muffin from the Artful Cup. Pineapple and Coconut. DELICIOUS!!!

Me and the kids waiting for the parade to start.

I just added a few of the kid's very favourite floats. This was one. Joshua was figuring out what all the letters and numbers were.



All of them loved this one! Pretty cool paint jobs!

Joel, proud of his candy. Henny took care of him and Annabelle and I took care of Joshua and Brendan for the parade. I think I got the easier of the two jobs. haha but all the kids were great.


Joshua loved the big horses.

Annabelle, politely clapping for something, can't remember what

My very great friends Henny, Christy, and Ruth. What beautiful people I know. We had nice fellowship over a McDonalds meal. I stood in the line for probably close to 15 minutes to get the meal! It was worth it though to have lunch with my friends. We could watch the motocross from outside McDonalds, too. Added bonus!!!


The big kid showing the little kids how it is done :) Chris was helping the boys make their new Hummers go. Great fun for Chris!!!


Just outside the motocross. It was awesome!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled day! You made me feel like I was back in Terrace for a few minutes. Thank you!

Jenny said...

Riverboat days are always such fun!! Glad you had fun!

Tanya said...

Looks like a great time!