Monday, January 05, 2009

Goodnight y'all

Life is just fine around here if anyone was wondering. I have lost focus on blogging because I am rarely on the computer. I am getting into routines and reading a lot more, to the kids and myself. The plan is that I will try to share the odd thing that God is speaking to me and about the books I have been reading with little updates of life here and there.

We had a wonderful Christmas holiday time. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment I had with my beautiful children and Adam. We did much crafts, baking, reading and visiting. We had so much time with family and friends this year. What an unbelievable blessing! I am looking forward to catching up with the friends who were also busy with others during the holidays.

Have I ever mentioned that winter is my very favourite time of the year? Well it truly is. I love the holidays but especially the short days, dark nights, candles lit, house warm, cuddles under blankets, hot chocolate and candy canes, food, friends, family, and the greatest thing is that with all that, so much more time to focus on the blessings and goodness of God. The whole thing is so lovely to me! I hope I am instilling a love for it all in my children.

We honestly had, I believe, the best Christmas since I met Adam. It was so full! there was so much laughter and food and fellowship! So much love and contentment with our blessings. I thank God for that. I have seen a beauty in my children that I am only now starting to really appreciate. They are more sincere and "real" than I could ever have expected. I don't believe that they will ever stop absolutely amazing me!

There are some pictures I will post but not tonight. As one of my scheduling changes I am trying to be in bed by 11pm... not tonight obviously. This will probably be very tough for me as most of you know. I am a night owl but I love being up in the morning that little bit earlier with my children also so change was in order.

Here is a simple something that blessed me today.

Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, January 5, 2009

— 2 Timothy 3:14-17 —
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.


The whole Bible is God's inspired Word. Because it is inspired and trustworthy, we should read it and apply it to our lives. The Bible is our standard for testing everything else that claims to be true. It is our safeguard against false teaching and our source of guidance for how we should live. It is the only source of knowledge about how we can be saved. God wants to show you what is true and equip you to live for him. How much time do you spend in God's Word? Read it regularly to discover God's truth and to become confident in your life and faith. Develop a plan for reading the whole Bible, not just familiar passages.

No comments: