Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Psalm 3:3 But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.


It was getting pretty dark. I had already caught the small 15" dolly. I asked the Lord for a silly request, it felt. "Please Lord give me a good size fish to let me know it was George's time and it wasn't simply my fault for not keeping a closer eye on my fishing dog." I caught my biggest trout ever, 22". It was such an awesome fight I was sure I had hooked into a steelhead. I gave thanks to my God all the way home. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenny said...

So sorry to hear about your beloved dog! Our family will be devastated when our dog dies.

Andrew Brown said...

Great story, Adam!
I think a lot of our requests feel "silly" to us sometimes but thank God that He wired us exactly the way He wants for His own glory.
Thanks a lot for being faithful in sharing this praise report.
As little as I've been home, I have good memories of that dog! Especially when we were both neared trambled to death by those GIANT moose!!!! What if that dog had not been there?! Might have been different,eh?...