Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Letter from a Friend

I just had to write to tell you how much I love you and care for you. Yesterday, I saw you walking and laughing with your friends; I hoped that soon you'd want Me to walk along with you, too. So, I painted you a sunset to close your day and wispered a cool breeze to refresh you. I waited - you never called - I just kept on loving you.

As I watched you fall asleep last night, I wanted so much to touch you. I spilled moonlight onto your face - trickling down you cheeks as so many tears have. You didn't even think of me; I wanted so much to comfort you.

The next day I exploded a brilliant sunrise into glorious morning for you. But you woke up late and rushed off to work - you didn't even notice. My sky became cloudy and My tears were the rain.

I love you. Oh, If you'd only listen. I really love you. I try to say it in the quiet of the green meadows and in the blue sky. The wind whispers My love throughout the treetops and spills it into vibrant colors of all the flowers. I shout it to you in the thunder of the great waterfalls and compose love songs for birds to sing to you. I warm you with the clothing of My sunshine and perfume the air with nature's sweet scent. My love for you is deeper than any ocean and greater than any need in your heart. If you'd only realize how I care.

My Dad sends His love. I want you to meet Him- He cares, too. Fathers are just that way. So, please call on Me soon. No matter how long it takes. I'll wait - because I love you.


Your Friend,

Jesus

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Prayer Warrior,
Thank you for your comment. This is quite a well known letter, not written by me. Feel free to use it on your blog. I am glad you enjoyed it. This poem sure has touched my heart time and time again. I will be checking your blog regular. God bless.